Thursday, July 7, 2011

Li'l Sis Summer Read=Christmas at Timberwoods

Yes, Christmas in July! I just finished Christmas at Timberwoods by Fern Michaels. It's our bestseller #15 for October (I read an advance proof), so I wanted to read it. Pretty quick read, although not a fan of the writing style. Too many strangers are thrown together and while a connection is made, it lacked emotion; there was no sense that any time has passed, so the story seems rushed. It may only take place during the Christmas season, but heck, that's at least a month! And for some reason, the mention of snow & angels & Christmas trees did not create any pretty imagery in my mind as I read, so I was bummed. Oh, well!

1 comment:

  1. I always love Michaels' books. Like 'em even better on audio. You can find this best seller and more at PremierAudiobooks.com. Pretty good prices and you can download audiobooks too. toolhttp://premieraudiobooks.com/sql/nyt/nyt_best_sellers.php

    ReplyDelete