Friday, June 17, 2011

Why I Love My Kindle

I know these photos are blurry, but you should be able to see what happened on Thursday to a brand new trade paperback I started reading on Wednesday. Yes, that's right, on the second day I was reading it. This is no cheesy fiction trade paperback. This is published by a reputable company who specializes in academic books like this one. The glue in the spine is dried out, and whole sections of pages are already falling out. I have come expect this from a cheesy novel, since apparently these are supposed to be disposable. But this is an academic text that costs $35, and I don't expect this from a company that is supposed to be conscious of academic tendencies to hold onto our books for decades, even though we zealously buy the next editions. Archival quality? Fat chance.



No comments:

Post a Comment