Saturday, November 6, 2010

Big Sis' October Reads

I don't know what happened but I only read three (really? three?!?) books last month.  Or I read more and didn't put them on my list and now they're gone, out of my head...

Naked Heat, by Richard Castle - I've dug around to try and find out who the author actually is, but have been unsuccessful.  Castle is one of our favorite TV shows.  They have some good writers and the chemistry between Castle and Beckett is fun to watch.  This is the second book supposedly written by the TV show's main character, and the characters in the book are loosely based on the characters in the TV show.  The main character from the TV show is listed as the author along with his picture on the back cover, and the acknowledgements are written as if he, Richard Castle, really wrote the book.  Nathan Fillion is one cute guy and it's a fun twist, to show him in character as the author...

Don't Blink, by James Patterson and Howard Roughan - As usual, short chapters and easy to read, but it wasn't one of my favorites.  So you're in the right place at the VERY wrong time and you're a witness to murder.  And then you're investigating that murder.  And you're dragged into things that really don't concern you simply because you were eating at Lombardo's Steak House when that hit went down...  A quick and easy read, fun, but definitely not one of his best...

Shadowfires, by Dean Koontz - Originally written under the pseudonym Leigh Roberts before his Dean Koontz career took off, this was recently rereleased by the publisher in trade format.  I'd never read it and for $9, I thought, "Why not?"  And it was GREAT!  All of Koontz' horror, twisted plots, lots of visual scenes that most definitely might cause nightmares...  I'm giving this one to Little Sis to read - I know she'll like it!  It includes genetic mutations, evolution, and murder, and would make for an awesome movie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment