Saturday, February 20, 2010

Okay, Little Sister...

Next time you start wishing you had a house, don't. In December, I noticed my kitchen ceiling paint was flaking off. I checked out the whole ceiling, but no other flaking and no spots. Today, there is a brown spot, which suggests water, which suggests roof issues, which, if true, means a lot of money for a repair which I don't have. So if I had it to do over again, no I wouldn't buy a house. Too many big ticket items you are responsible for that can't be avoided. If I was still in my apartment or a rental house, all I'd have to do is call the landlord. Now I'm thinking home equity loans, getting rid of Mom's and my cell phones, and my Dish service, because that's all I haven't pared off my budget for the new car. My mood matches the gray rain outside.

If it's bad news, I'll have to change my plans to come to NJ for A's graduation, sadly. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment